terms and conditions
Good communication is the key to preventing any problems. I want my customers to get an instrument that works for them, and I can prevent or solve most problems if consulted. This is one reason why I require that you contact me to purchase larger items.
I prefer payment by bank transfer as it is easy and there are usually no fees within the UK, and minimal or no fees within the EU. I also accept cheques if necessary. If paying by cheque your goods will not be despatched until funds have cleared (unless I already know you). If you wish to pay by cheque, please contact me. I may also accept paypal under exceptional circumstances or if it is the only method available to you. If you are visiting to buy an instrument, cash is also fine.
For larger items I will send you an email to confirm the despatch of your order and include the tracking number for the courier.
Under EU law you can return any item purchased online within 14 days of receiving it, however you must pay the return postage or courier costs. Also this law only applies to goods that are returned completely unused, and does not cover custom made items. It therefore does not apply if you try the instrument out before making a decision to return it.
I offer a more useful return policy than that required by the law. I want you to play the instrument and see if it is right for you. If you have any concerns about the performance or suitablity of the instrument please contact me as soon as you can, since many concerns can be overcome with adjustment or string choice. If you make a decision before the 14 days are up, it helps a lot to let me know earlier. I strongly recommend that you keep closely in touch during the trial period.
Return Policy Specifics:
- You must contact me before returning any item.
- You may play the instrument as much as you like within the 14 days.
- I will not refuse a return or deduct anything from the refund because of signs of use, such as moderate wear on strings or a bit of rosin on the instrument.
- The instrument must be returned undamaged.
- Any damage on return will be deducted from the refund.
- Shipping costs (both ways if applicable) will be deducted from the refund.
- Refunds may sometimes take up to 14 days to be paid.
- I reserve the right to charge a restocking fee of any amount up to 20% of the price, if you are uncommunicative or disregard my instructions for the return.